5.7.07

my first boda accident

So, Vicki and I went to Kampala today (right now at the backpackers in Kampala where we're staying the night). We each had our own boda from the main Adrift office down to a bus station... So driving in Kampala is pretty scary stuff to start with - there's TONNNS of traffic, and boda swerve in and out everywhere. Pretty much a free for all - so a car cut the boda that I was on off to get into a parknig spot which forced my driver to slam on the breaks and i got shoved into him pretty hard. Then the driver started backing up and hit our boda - oh my.... scary, but was going slow. The driver got out and my boda man got off the boda - and they kind of shoved each other and yelled a bit. I was kind of scared. By that time Vicki's boda was far ahead and out of sight. Anyways the driver wanted to call the cops - but in the end we just drove off. So that was my first bit of real boda excitement. My boda man was convinced the driver was drunk. Anyways I'm here safe and sound - trip to Rwanda off to a good start - exciting already.

No comments: