4.7.07

makes you think...

So when we went to Kampala a while back (for the Safari) we went to a mall called garden city. They had this big bookstore which Lindsay, Vicki and I spent a ton of time in. I was eyeing this photography book called "Hope in the Dark" (By Jeremy Cowart and Jena Lee), but didn't really want to buy it because it was kind of expensive and I convinced myself that I could buy it online when I got home if I still wanted it. Vicki knew how much i wanted it, so she sneekily went and got it for me, so when I got home a while later there was this book as a present on my bed. Honestly, thank you so much Vicki - one of the best books, and it really means the world to me.

I just thought I would share a quote that I found particularly touching.

* * * Decisions I must make on any given day:
- Blue shirt or pink cardigan?
- Tall soy chai latte or Grande caramel macchiato?
- Write reports first or work on budget?
- Text message or call?
- Eat out or frozen dinner?
- Reality television or headline news?


* * * Decisions SHE must make on any given day:
- blue dress or blue dress?
- river water or puddle water?
- Walk once for four hours to get water or walk twice for eight hours to get more water?
- Sleep with the fisherman who will give food in return or let orphaned grandchildren go to bed hungry?
- persist through the struggle or give up?
- Curse God or praise Him?

No comments: