3.7.07

deux jours avant Rwanda!

So I have just two days left in Jinja, before Vicki and I leave for Rwanda. Tomorrow I’m going to Welcome Home orphanage to say my last goodbyes to all the kids and the moms. :( We’re staying in Kampala for a night and just getting organized (going to the bank, booking the bus, etc.) and then will be off on Friday morning. We’re planning on visiting the genocide memorials, trekking the mountain gorillas, and visiting Vicki’s sponsor child. Soooo excited. Also it will be fun to practice my French a bit, which I haven’t used in probably 4 years. I’m not sure if we’ll have internet access (or have time to use it!), so I might not post again until I am back in Jinja (around July 15th). I’ll be spending my last couple days at TASO – and then I leave to go back home to Canada on the night of July 18th. Wow, can’t believe how quick it has all gone - thought i would post a couple pics because the internet is working really well today (except email for some reason).

Little message written in red dirt.
Vicki and I jumping for joy!
A cute little boy at one of the villages I was at with TASO!
A man walknig down the street on my way to TASO.


Sarah, from the drama group, and two ladies from one of the villages. Most of the older women in Jinja, and most women in villages wear these pouffy sleeve dresses with huge sash belt things. Pouffy sleeves are all the rage in Uganda. I am yet to buy a dress.

Saying bye with some school kids!

This is a pretty standard butcher in Uganda. If you look close, there is a carcass hanging...mmm. There's usually flies all over it, and they just grab a huge machete and cut you off a peice. This is also the reason why I am hesitant to eat any meat here - hahaha.
I'll try to post during slash following Rwanda if I can, if not I'll post some stuff when I get home (plus videos that I have taken here and more pics!). Lots of love, xoxoxox
leslie (namulondo)

No comments: