25.6.07

Hips don't lie




Just thought I would post some pics up of the drama group from TASO. I've been spending a lot of my time talking with them. So much to tell and so much to learn, really inspirational.

Yesterday - i sang with them a bit (yes, it wasn't pretty...). Really, really cool experience. They are all amazing at singing - they came second last year at a national competition.

Also thought I would post the lyrics to one of the songs:

Time has come
Time has come for the people of Uganda,
To say no, no, no
To this deadly AIDS.
People of Uganda - wake up, wake up,
and bravely march,
Let us fight this AIDS,
The source of all suffering,
Source of misery and stress

United we stand,
But divided we fall.
Let us arise all people of Uganda.
Join us now, as we are in the struggle,
to reverse the spread of this deadly scourge.

He took my father and took away my mother,
took away my brother and all my relatives.
Sobbing and crying, mourning filled with all sadness,
Pray you help me, save me or I die.
My life is hard.

I think it's probably that much more powerful when you here them sing it. I wish I had a video camera (my camera takes short clips but has no sound).

Also yesterday had my first African dance lessons with the group. Was absolutely hilarious! everyone was dying - and yelling "Namulondo, Namulondo". Not very good so far - my hips don't "break" like African hips but I think I'm going to get a couple more lessons before I go. I have a couple little videos that I'll try to post when I'm back in Canada.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you enter, will look forward in behalf of more related articles soon as its sole of my favourite question to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.