22.6.07

“We are all out of spring”

There’s a restaurant on Main Street that Vicki and I (and Lindsay when she was in Uganda) have been to a couple times, called Kabindi Lounge (which is debatably a brothel by night). Wednesday night we met up with a bunch of people from the guesthouse (Ben, Pete, Will – all british gap year students, and Russell – who is the newest volunteer from GIVE). Got our drinks after a good 20-30 min wait (I think there may have been one other table in the restaurant). Placed our order after probably 45 minutes (which is quite common). After another 20 or so – our waiter came back letting us know that half of the orders couldn’t be made as they didn’t have the right ingredients (or something like that). Someone had ordered spring rolls and we were informed that they were “all out of spring”…hahaha. Oh Uganda. I love it. So Vicki and I ordered chicken lomein, and all of the boys ordered spaghetti and meatballs. After another 45 or so I got my food as did 3 of the 4 boys (the other two didn’t get served at all). Oh what a night. Got back to the guesthouse, and at about quarter to 12, I woke up with the worst pain slash most nauseating feeling ever. Throw up (and wake up Vicki – who sat with me, God bless her). Went back to bed. Power goes out. Proceed to throw up 3 more times using my headlamp to find the toilet. It was a rough night, my oh my. I ended up just staying home the next day and sleeping – feeling much better today though.

1 comment:

Victoria & Daniel said...

baaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahaha.
glad i was one of the ones who didnt get served and ended up eating rolex for 500 shillings. I WIN!!!!! AND your comment didnt show up on my blog. AND how the hell do you get your photos so neatly arranged with your comments, you need to teach me. i love you.