8.5.07

The Amazing Race



Well the adventure started off great! I got to Pearson airport to find that my flight to Amsterdam was delayed at least 5 hours. Translation: there was no way I would make my connecting flight from Amsterdam to Entebbe. In the end I was switched to an Air France flight and flew to Paris. Coincidently, my friend Andrea from my program was on the Air France flight and we ran through Charles de Gaulle airport trying to make our connecting flights (hers to Rome and mine to Amsterdam) a la Amazing Race. Very cool. Flight over to Paris was alright I didn’t get too much sleep, but was fine. Flight to Amsterdam the same.

Flight from Amsterdam to Entebbe was fabulous. KLM is awesome and they had tons of selections for movies, music and TV and awesome food as well. I arrived in Entebbe at night. It was so neat flying in because it is very very very dark. There are very few street lights – so it wasn’t at all like flying into Toronto or even Thunder Bay (there isn’t that orange city glow at all). Luggage came in fine (very quick!) and I met the man who was coming to pick me up very easily.

Small world: I met a prof. (Louise) from Concordia U. who knows Allie (one of my best friends from high school) and Peter (who runs an NGO in Northern Uganda with Concordia). Very cool!

First night stayed at the Entebbe Guesthouse not far from the airport. Was really cute place and slept well because I was very tired. My first experience under a mosquito net – I found it kind of romantic. Hahah.


No comments: